Friday, July 11, 2014

Connections known as Friendship

I remember a time when I was able to speak about my feelings to more than just one person. I would be able to ask someone for their time and reveal the many faces that make up who I am. Friendship is crucial in a world filled with liars and deceivers. In a world filled with billions of people, why is it hard to speak?

I remember the time I had a friend to call my own. To be able to know their secrets and thoughts without any judgment towards their stance on life, was a feeling of hope and love. To be able to call this person a friend and understand that their struggle is also yours, to know that if they needed anything, that they had you to rely on, was an amazing balance. Trust was more than letters on a page, or a word in your dictionary, but a feeling and an action. Being able to hold someone else's thoughts as my own gave me a reason to live and accept.

But do connections really last? I am young and I am reckless, but I also believe that I understand what friendship holds and what it means to care for another person. I have always tried to think of the reason I do the things that I do, say the things that I say, and act the way I do in different situations. I have always told myself it is because of the friendships I have formed throughout my life. Thinking back on it now, I believe that the people I have loved and have given many days of my life to be with are the reason I behave the way I do.

Today, I understand that my view on friendship has to change. I have to form a new ideology on what I need to do in order to keep the bonds I try so hard to keep. Everyone has that person that they can go years without seeing and still understand that they have formed a bond and it should be preserved no matter the time frame.

For the time being, I will keep my existing ideology. No matter the time we have apart, I will care for you and live for the day that we once again meet and enjoy each others company, have no boundaries with each other and know that what we say is nothing more than fun and games, and understand that we will always respect and appreciate the mutual effort being applied by everyone. I will continue to try and form more bonds, and not for the sake of saying I know people, but for the sake of what I wanted to accomplish as a child: to be able to help anyone feel appreciated.  

No comments:

Post a Comment